Film students and lovers of the genre can win big cash prizes. Creative agency The Suits and LitNet are looking for a critical analysis of Wesens, the award-winning Karoo science fiction film that was released in South African cinemas in October last year and which is now available exclusively on DStv BoxOffice as of 8 March 2021.
Write a film analysis
We are looking for more than a conventional movie review. Analyse the movie for us. An expert panel, comprising staff from LitNet and The Suits, will select the winning entries – if the quality of the entries is high enough, in their opinion.
The prize money is as follows:
- R10 000 as first prize
- R3 000 as second prize
- R2 000 as third prize
Anyone can participate, but employees of LitNet and The Suits will not be eligible for the prizes.
How to enter
- Watch the movie. Wesens is available exclusively on DStv BoxOffice.
- Write a critical analysis of the film (between 500 and 1 200 words).
- Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Wesens” clearly displayed in the subject line.
- Entries must reach LitNet on or before 9 May 2021 to be eligible for a prize.
- Entries may be submitted in any variant of Afrikaans, English or Dutch.
- The copyright of each entry remains with the author, but by submitting their entries, the authors give LitNet and/or our sister magazine Voertaal the right to publish their analysis for free.
- All entries will be considered, but LitNet reserves the right not to publish entries.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a short biography of the author (100 words) and a photograph.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- No entries on LitNet’s social media or on LitNet’s comments section will be eligible for prizes.
- The winners will be announced on LitNet’s website and social media.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the result.