We asked the Exclusive Books Homebru 2007 authors to answer a few quick questions about the Homebru campaign and their status as a South African writer. Here are the answers of:
Christiaan Bakkes, skrywer van Stoffel se Veldnotas, uitgegee deur Human & Rousseau (R133)
|Stoffel se Veldnotas
- What do you think your book brings to the 2007 collection of South African Homebru books?
- Do you think South African writers should be proudly South African and write only South African stories?
- The Homebru collection is, in essence, telling South African readers which local books they should be reading and which authors they should be paying attention to. Do you think the selection is representative enough of South African literature – fiction and non-fiction?
- In your opinion, is there a recently released book that has been left off that list that you think South Africans should be reading?
- Have you read any of the other Homebru 2007 titles?
- Do you think campaigns like Homebru and literary fairs and festivals create hype around reading and encourage people to read?
- How many books do you buy a month?
- What do you think needs to be done to promote reading for leisure locally?
- What makes you proud to be South African?
- What is your favourite South Africanism?