Part-time Lecturer: Afrikaans Directing & Acting
Department of Drama
UCT Faculty of Humanities
The Drama Department at the University of Cape Town has a tradition of excellence in teaching students in English and, bilingually, in either isiXhosa or Afrikaans. We are seeking a dynamic, Afrikaans-speaking individual to continue this tradition of excellence in a permanent, part-time (25 hours per week) position on teaching conditions of service.
- Proficiency in both Afrikaans and English
- A Master’s degree in Drama. (A Honours or Honours equivalent degree in Drama might be considered under exceptional circumstances)
A track record in both teaching and directing in Afrikaans will be advantageous.
- Planning, coordinating and teaching Afrikaans Voice, Acting and Theatre-Making across the 4-year undergraduate programme
- Directing Afrikaans (or bilingual) productions
- Making input into postgraduate studies as appropriate to their qualifications
The annual cost of employment, including benefits for 2014 is R 302 910.
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form (HR201) and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, with the subject line “Part-time Lecturer: Afrikaans Directing & Acting” followed by the reference number to Ms. Lily Nombombo at email@example.com
The application form can be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Address: Staff Recruitment Office, University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, 7700
Telephone: +27 21 650 5084
Departmental website: www.drama.uct.ac.za
Reference number: SR582/13
Closing date: 02 December 2013
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf